Parmesan crisps are a delicious alternative to crackers for those seeking to keep their carbs in check. I saw a version of these at the store and thought they looked great. But they were also incredibly expensive! So I went home, mixed up some poppy seeds, sesame seeds, and some spices, and quickly made my own. A delicious little snack.
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp crushed caraway seeds
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F and line two or three baking sheets with parchment paper. Set oven racks on second lowest and middle positions of oven.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, garlic, onion, and caraway seeds.
- Finely grate parmesan. Using about 2 tablespoons at a time, create small mounds on the prepared baking sheets, then press mounds down into two inch circles, each about 1 inch apart.
- Sprinkle circles with seed and spice mixture. Bake 10 to 20 minutes, until parmesans mounds are melted and bubbly.
- Remove and let cool on pans until crisp.