There may not be an easier muffin recipe in the world than these flourless sunbutter muffins. There is no flour or flour substitute, you simply whisk the sunflower seed butter in with the eggs and sweetener. You can really use any nut butter or seed butter here, the choice is yours. But if you do go with the sunflower seed butter, make sure you use the vinegar or your muffins may turn green! It’s a funny reaction between the baking powder and the sunflower seeds, and an acid like vinegar or lemon juice helps to prevent it.
- 1 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter. You can use store-bought or homemade
- 4 large eggs
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a standard 12-capacity muffin tin with parchment or silicone liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sunflower seed butter, eggs, sweetener, vinegar, baking powder, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide mixture among prepared muffin cups and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until tops are just golden brown and muffins are firm to the touch.
- Remove and let cool in pan.