Eggs are a staple in my house and are usually what I turn to when I cook for just myself.
This frittata is perfect to whip up for a casual summer dinner, served with a simple green salad. Don’t feel “stuck” with the herbs that are in the recipe – play around with what looks the freshest when you’re at the farmer’s market. Hint: tarragon and eggs make a perfect combination!
Frittata with Fresh Herbs
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp snipped chives
- 1 tsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Turn oven to broil setting.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the Parmesan, cream, chives and parsley; season with salt and pepper.
- In a 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet, melt the butter on the stovetop. Whisk the eggs again, then add to the skillet and cook without stirring for 1 minute, until just set around the edge. Using a rubber spatula, lift the edge and tilt the pan so the uncooked egg seeps underneath. Continue until the eggs are mostly set, 3 minutes.
- Move the skillet to the oven. Broil on high until the center is cooked through. Slide onto a large plate, cut into wedges and serve.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.
Frittatas are the perfect meal for any time of day…looks delish!