I love broccoli, but get bored with plain old steamed broccoli. This recipe is such a nice change. The garlic, red pepper flakes and lemon give it so much flavor, and roasting changes the texture just a bit. It’s absolutely delicious!
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli, cut into long spears
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with the olive oil, garlic, ginger, salt and crushed red pepper.
- Spread the broccoli on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in the upper third of the oven for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender and browned in spots.
- Serve with lemon wedges.