Oh that chill in the air, it’s just so delightful! It makes you want to curl up with a good book and a good sipper from Starbucks. Too bad they don’t make sugar-free versions of most of their holiday drinks. But that doesn’t stop you from doing it!
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (can sub whole milk but it has a higher carb count)
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger (more if you like it very gingery)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 shots espresso or 1/2 cup very strong coffee
- Sweetener equivalent to 2 tbsp sugar
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream for topping
- In a medium saucepan, combine the coconut milk, cocoa powder, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer.
- Divide the coffee and sweetener between two mugs and stir to combine. Divide the coconut milk between the mugs.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired.