Pumpkin pie and cookies are long time favorite holiday treats. Why not combine the two? Your family will love these low carb soft glazed sugar free chocolate chip pumpkin cookies. They are a healthful treat that will look great on your holiday table.
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granular sugar equivalent sweetener
- 1 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon sugar-free vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar free semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans (If you would like to omit the pecans, you will need to add additional coconut flour. An additional 1/4 to 1/3 cup of coconut flour should work, but add more if the dough feels to wet.)
- 1 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered confectioner sugar equivalent sweetener
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream (more or less for desired thickness)
- dash sugar-free vanilla extract
- Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, ground cloves, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and granular sweetener with electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Blend in pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts (if using).
- Drop by rounded tablespoon scoops onto greased cookie sheet or silicone baking mat.
- Bake at 350 °F for 10 to 15 minutes or until cookies have lightly browned. Cool slightly then remove and allow to cool completely on wire racks.
- Mix all glaze ingredients in small bowl to desired thickness.
- Drizzle or spread glaze over cooled cookies.
*Please note that this carbohydrate count does not include erythritol. Studies have shown that erythritol has little to no affect on blood glucose levels. However, if you need to calculate total carbohydrates, add 6.3 g per cookie.