This gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan apple crisp is great all year round, though especially soothing in fall and winter. One of my family favorites, children seem to love this healthy dessert dish –my boys and their friends gobble it up time after time.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 medium apples, peeled, sliced, then chopped in half width-wise
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a smaller bowl, combine oil, agave and vanilla.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry.
- Place apples in a 2-3 quart glass baking dish (a pyrex bowl or an 8×8 square).
- Sprinkle topping over the apples. Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes on low rack.
- When apples are soft and their juices bubble, remove cover and bake 10 more minutes to brown crisp.
- Serve warm.
*A Sweet Life reminds you that agave nectar is a sugar. The less you use, the better. We make this apple crisp with less than 1/8 of a cup of agave and it is still sweet and delicious.
photo provided courtesy of elanaspantry.com