January is hard upon us and we are all craving comfort foods while still thinking about our New Year’s Resolutions. This green chile cauliflower rice casserole fits the bill perfectly. It’s warm and comforting without being heavy. It makes a wonderful low carb side dish!
- 24 ounces cauliflower rice, fresh or frozen (about 6 to 7 cups)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican or cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (7-ounce) can fire roasted chopped green chilies
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cauliflower rice, 1 cup of the shredded cheese, the green chilies, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle with the butter and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture in a 9x13 glass or ceramic baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and bake until melted and bubbly, about 45 minutes.