Are you looking for a perfect breakfast recipe? Here it is! One of our favorite food bloggers, Erica Kerwien of Comfy Belly, has shared her recipe for green eggs with us in honor of Diabetes Awareness Month. Erica says, “Green eggs are an easy start to the morning. I made my life even easier by using some leftover kale pesto to green up my eggs.” – Jessica Apple
If you don’t have kale pesto on hand, you can fry chopped kale, onions, salt, and garlic together for a few minutes, and then add the eggs for a quick scramble. If you don’t have kale, use chopped spinach or Swiss chard.
- 2 tablespoons of kale pesto
- 3 eggs, scrambled
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Preheat a frying pan on medium, with some butter or olive oil
- Add the scrambled eggs to the pan.
- Wait a few minutes for the bottom to cook, and then add the kale pesto.
- Use a wooden spoon (or other utensil to mix the pesto into the eggs while gently tossing the eggs around and breaking them up. Cook until just soft.