*adapted from Saveur.com
Red Snapper is one of the few fish caught locally right now in the Bay area so we’ve been enjoying it nearly every week.
The bacon keeps the fish moist while the grill adds a delicious smoky flavor. It’s perfect served with some grilled vegetables or salad.
- 1 (2.5 pound) whole red snapper, scaled, gutted and fins removed
- Salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of mixed herbs, parsley and thyme are delicious
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 6-8 slices good bacon
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Turn the grill on high. Check that the fish has been scaled fully, and remove any stray scales.
- Salt and pepper the inside cavity of the fish and fill with herbs and lemon slices. Salt and pepper the outside of the fish and then wrap in bacon, overlapping each slice with other slices (to ensure that everything stays put).
- Grill 7 minutes on each side, or until the fish is opaque and tender and the bacon is crisp and beginning to blacken.
- Fillet and serve with lemon wedges.