Who would have ever thought that cauliflower would be good on the grill? I certainly didn’t, but it is fantastic! When I last made this, I omitted the asparagus because it was out of season. You should feel free to use whatever vegetables are in season and look delicious.
This side dish is bursting with flavor and would compliment any main dish.
- ½ cup mixed pitted brine-cured olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp chopped capers
- 1 small garlic cloves, smashed
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, cut crosswise into 4 thick slices
- ½ medium cauliflower, cut into 2-inch florets
- ¾ pound medium asparagus, trimmed
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cored and quartered
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a bowl, combine all of the tapenade ingredients. The tapenade can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Light a grill. Secure each onion slice on a toothpick. In a bowl, toss the onion and vegetables with the oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the vegetables, turning, until crisp-tender and charred in spots, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the toothpicks from the onion slices. In the large bowl, toss the vegetables with the tapenade.
- Transfer the vegetables to individual plates or a serving platter.