Benefits of the MiniMed Duo include:
- Both the glucose sensor and cannula (the tiny tube that goes into the body to deliver the insulin) are inserted with one easy-to-use insertion device.
- People with diabetes only have to remember to change one device every 3-days.
- A smaller footprint on the body (compared to a separate CGM sensor and infusion set) means less skin covered by adhesive tape.
- A single-button insertion and automatic needle retraction (so patients don’t have to see the needle) were specifically designed for greater comfort.
- In a study, 95.8% of people using MiniMed Duo rated pain at the time of insertion at 0 or 1 out of 10.
- An improved adhesive pad accommodates movement without compromising adhesion.”For over 30 years, Medtronic has been dedicated to developing world-class technologies to provide better outcomes and simplify diabetes management,” said Greg Meehan, Vice President and General Manager of the Continuous Glucose Monitoring business at Medtronic Diabetes. “MiniMed Duo is the latest breakthrough designed in response to the needs of insulin pumpers who don’t want to wear two separate devices on their bodies, addressing one of the most common barriers to CGM technology.”
The MiniMed Duo received CE (Conformité Européenne) Mark approval and, as the first stage of a progressive rollout across Europe, will be available in select countries in the next few months, pending local approvals. The device is not available in the United States.