When it comes to making soup quickly, nothing beats a pressure cooker or an Instant Pot. This rich and warming tomato soup recipe is perfect for the winter months and takes less than 30 minutes, start to finish. It’s perfect to pair with a healthy salad or some low carb garlic bread!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 lb fresh tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Turn the Instant Pot on to the sauté function and add the oil. Once hot, add the onion and celery and sprinkle with salt and pepper. sauté until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and the thyme and cook another minute, then add the tomatoes, broth, and cream cheese. Seal the lid and cook on manual high for 10 minutes. When the cooking is complete, let the pressure release naturally for 10 more minutes.
- Release the remaining pressure, remove the lid and add the shredded cheese. Blend the soup with an immersion blender and season to taste.