Take your keto cookies over the top with some browned butter and pecans! So rich and delicious, and easy to make. Your friends won’t believe these chocolate chip cookies are low carb and made without any sugar. And browned butter gives them a truly special, almost caramel-like, flavor.
Low Carb Brown Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar replacement
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Place the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the butter is melted and becomes a deep amber, 4 to 5 minutes. Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn. Remove and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, brown sugar replacement, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the browned butter, egg, and vanilla extract until well combined. Then stir in the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Press down to about ½ inch thick.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until puffed and the edges are golden. Remove and let cool completely on the pan. They will continue to firm up as they cool.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.
Made these with everything but chocolate chips. Heath chips in them instead. They were delicious.
Made these this morning. Absolutely delicious! Simple to make and very difficult to tell they are Keto even though I made them and know the ingredients. Taste Is more complex than cookies I have made with granular sweetener and soft butter. The pecans really complement the notes of the brown sugar and browned butter. The texture is just right. Only problem is there are apparently hidden wings inside as the flew off of the cooling rack and I was only able to capture a few with my cookie jar. Those too seemed to have escaped and disappeared moments after capture.… Read more »
These sound like they taste good but it is hard to see it will do much for people who really need to reduce carbohydrate. Real low carb diets can be a cure for diabetes. These kinds of recipes follow from the idea that low carb is a real sacrifice because you can’t have a lot of sweets. Certainly if it works for you, go for it — if you have a glucometer you will know. And everybody knows how hard it is to stop eating chocolate chip cookies.
Well, aren’t you the Spartan. These cookies are less than 3 net carbs for 2 cookies. Since I have been incorporating recipes such as this one into my diet, I have been able to drastically reduce my blood sugar and medication. It’s not that hard to stop eating something if you are allowed some and not none of it.