Family friendly chicken nuggets that you can cook in your air fryer or the oven! These fun little chicken and zucchini “tots” are easy to make, and can be an appetizer or the whole meal. Dip them in sugar-free ketchup or ranch dressing.
- 8 ounces shredded zucchini
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Place the zucchini in a sieve set in the sink or over a large bowl, and sprinkle with salt. Toss to combine. Let drain 1 hour, then squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, chicken, garlic, cheddar, and coconut flour. Season well with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Use about 1 1/2 tbsp at a time to form into little tots.
- Spray the rack of an air fryer with coconut oil spray and place as many tots as will fit without crowding them. Brush the tops with melted butter.
- Air fry at 400F for 7 to 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Alternatively, you can bake them on a rack in the oven (spray the rack), set over a baking sheet. Bake at 400F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with ranch dressing as a fun dipping sauce!