The quiche made famous by Julia Child now comes in a portable keto form! These easy egg muffins have all the classic flavor, and a great for on-the-go breakfasts. Make them ahead and have them ready to heat up easily in the morning. And at only 1.5g of carbs per muffin, you can have two!
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped white onion
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup shredded gruyere cheese
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 375 and line 6 muffin cups with silicone liners (or grease the muffin pan very well).
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the chopped bacon until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the onion to the bacon grease and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and thyme. Lower the temperature and cook until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Transfer to the bowl.
- Add the eggs and heavy cream, and whisk until well combined, then stir in the cheese and nutmeg.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the prepared muffin cups and bake 15 to 20 minutes, until completely set. Remove and let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.