Easy flavorful dinners are the order of the day, now that it’s back to school time. This simple beef and broccoli stir fry is healthy, delicious, and whips up in about 20 minutes. It’s a hit with the kids too!
The recipe specifically calls for frozen broccoli, as it requires no pre-steaming. It softens a bit as it thaws, making it the perfect texture for a quick low carb stir fry.
- ¼ cup tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum or glucomannan, to thicken*
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 lb top sirloin, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, and garlic. Sprinkle with the xanthan gum or glucomannan and whisk to combine well.
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium high heat until shimmering. Add the beef, and saute until just cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the thawed broccoli and cook a few minutes to warm through.
- Pour the sauce over the beef and broccoli, and cook another minute until it begins to thicken. Remove from heat and sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
- *Note: glucomannan dissolves more easily without clumping. If you use xanthan gum and it clumps, try blending it in a blender.