I don’t know about you, but I can always use more easy comfort food recipes. With the craziness of the holidays upon us, I try to stick to quick meals that satisfy the whole family. This kielbasa, cabbage and bacon soup is full of great flavor and it warms you right down to your toes. The whole family loves it, so I have one more low carb soup recipe for the long winter ahead.
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 lb kielbasa, sliced
- 6 cups roughly chopped cabbage (about 1/2 a medium head)
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 6 cups chicken broth
- Freshly grated Parmesan for sprinkling
- In a stockpot over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Use a slotted spoon to remove and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add sliced kielbasa and sauté until nicely browned, about 5 minutes. Add onion and cabbage and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook 1 minute more.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Cook until cabbage is tender, about 10 minutes. Season to taste.
- Serve with a sprinkling of Parmesan.