Recipe courtesy of Darby O’Shea for Diabetes Awareness Month
Lemon and Almond Baked Bluefish
- 1 bluefish fillet of about a pound and a half
- salt and pepper
- zest of one lemon
- 1 t fresh thyme leaves
- 1 T butter
- 1/4 c sliced almonds
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the dark strip of flesh from the center of the fillet. I’m told that’s where the strongest fishy taste lives.
- Place fish skin-side down on a rimmed baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle lemon zest and thyme all over fillet.
- Top the fish with chunks of butter and sprinkle almonds on top.
- Roast until fish is just opaque and almonds are starting to brown at edges, 6 to 9 minutes. This fish will NOT flake like a lighter fish, so don’t wait for that to happen to determine doneness.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.
Photo courtesy of Darby O’Shea.