Mint is one of our favorite herbs, and we usually have some in the house. We add mint leaves to our tea, and sometimes just to a glass of hot water. When I felt like we needed a change from our usual vinaigrette salad dressing, I chopped up some fresh mint leaves, dropped them into a mixture of oil and vinegar, and then added lemon. The result was a cool, refreshing dressing with a hint of tartness – perfect for a crisp green salad.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- salt & coarsely ground pepper to taste
- Combine the ingredients in a salad dressing shaker or a small jar with a tight fitting top.
- Shake well and pour over salad.