LifeScan has introduced the new OneTouch Verio Flex blood glucose monitoring system, with ColorSure technology – a simple, accurate and easy-to-use meter that takes the guesswork out of understanding blood sugar test results for people with diabetes. Its simple color range indicator uses color to instantly tell patients when their blood glucose readings are “low,” “in range,” or “high” so they can quickly get on with their lives. Nine out of 10 people with diabetes agreed that the meter’s color range indicator helped them easily interpret their blood sugar readings. While it has broad appeal as a simple, intuitive meter on its own, patients can also use the meter’s built-in Bluetooth Smart Technology to wirelessly connect with the companion OneTouch Reveal mobile app available on compatible iOS and Android mobile devices.
“Research shows that ease of use remains a very important reason for meter selection by a majority of patients while, at the same time, one third say they can’t make sense of their blood sugar results,” said Dr. Jeremy Pettus, Endocrinologist and Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of California, San Diego. “The new OneTouch Verio Flex™ meter is designed to help people with diabetes better understand and manage their blood glucose. It provides basic information when all they want to know is their number and if they’re in range; while the mobile app provides key insights and information sharing if they’re interested in more.”
The low and high range limits set in the OneTouch Verio Flex™ meter can be customized for each patient based on their healthcare professional’s recommendations. With each test, the simple color range indicator shows whether a result is below limit (blue), within range (green) or above the limit (red). Nine out of 10 healthcare professionals agreed that knowing when their readings are in or out of range may help patients reach their blood sugar goals and stay in better control.
Key features of the OneTouch Verio Flex™ system include:
- Slim, compact design with large, easy-to-read numbers
- Simple color range indicator makes it easy to immediately see if a blood sugar result is in or out of range
- 500-test result memory with date and time
- Uses OneTouch Verio® Test Strips that require only a small amount of blood (0.4 ul) and offer easy application to either side of the test strip
- Bluetooth® Smart Technology connectivity with the OneTouch Reveal® mobile app on iOS and Android devices
- Uses one CR2032 lithium coin cell battery
The OneTouch Verio Flex™ meter is the latest addition to the OneTouch Verio® product family that also includes:
- The OneTouch Verio® meter that gives patients helpful information and feedback at a glance;
- The OneTouch Verio®IQ meter that spots patterns and helps patients understand how insulin, meals and lifestyle affect their numbers.
While each meter provides unique benefits, they all use the same OneTouch Verio® test strips for accurate results and offer unsurpassed insurance coverage.
LifeScan has begun shipping the new OneTouch Verio Flex™ system to retailers and it will soon be available nationally wherever diabetes testing supplies are sold with an estimated retail price of $19.99. For more information about the OneTouch Verio Flex™ meter and other OneTouch® products, visit www.OneTouch.com.