There’s a local pizza chain in my area that has pretty junky pizza but the flavor combinations are great. If any orders it for get togethers, I always grab a slice and just eat the toppings. Especially the Chicken Bacon Artichoke Pizza, it has a delicious creamy sauce. I decided it was time I made my own low carb version!
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella (6 ounces)
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup cooked chopped chicken
- 4 ounces artichoke hearts, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet or a pizza stone with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a large saucepan, melt shredded mozzarella and butter over low heat until they can be stirred together. Remove from heat and stir in egg, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt.
- Turn dough out onto prepared baking sheet. Top with another piece of parchment and roll out to a 12 inch circle. Remove top parchment and roll up edges slightly to create a crust edge.
- Bake about 10 to 12 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, cream, garlic, salt, and pepper until well combined. Spread over the crust.
- Sprinkle with chicken. artichokes, mozzarella and bacon. Return to the oven and bake another 10 minutes or so, until cheese is melted and bubbly
- Remove and let cool 10 minutes before serving.