Summer isn’t over just yet, my friends! Why not make the most of the remaining warm weather with some delicious low carb ice cream sandwiches? My kids went wild for these and keep begging me to make them again. I might just have to do that!
I made these with my own easy keto vanilla ice cream recipe. But you can use any low carb or sugar-free ice cream you like best. There are so many good ones on the market now, you have plenty of choices. And you aren’t limited to just vanilla… coffee, strawberry, peanut butter, or caramel would all be delicious too!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Granular sweetener equivalent to 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 to 4 tbsp water
- 2 pints low carb ice cream of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line two 8x8 pans with parchment paper (if you don’t have two pans of the same size, work in batches instead). Make sure the parchment is overhanging the sides for easy removal. Lightly grease the paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, sweetener, eggs, and vanilla extract. Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt, and whisk until well combined. Whisk in 2 tablespoons of the water. If your batter is very thick, stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of water.
- Divide the batter between the two prepared baking pans and spread all the way to the edges. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until firm to the touch. Remove and let cool completely in the pans. (If you had to work in batches, you can lift the first brownie layer out of the pan by the parchment paper after letting it cool in the pan for about 15 minutes).
- Keep one layer of brownie inside the pan for layering the sandwiches, but make sure they are full cooled before proceeding.
- Let the ice cream soften on the counter for 10 to 20 minutes (Most keto ice cream will be rock hard straight out of the container - some homemade ice cream may be softer, depending on what sweeteners you used).
- Spread the softened ice cream over the brownie layer in the pan, as evenly as possible. Carefully lift the second layer of brownie on top of the ice cream and press down firmly. Freeze until firm, at least 4 to 6 hours.
- Use the parchment paper to lift out the brownie sandwiches and transfer to a cutting board. Use a large sharp knife to cut into 12 bars (tip: heat your knife up in some hot water for easier cutting).
- Serve immediately or re-freeze until ready to eat. Let sit out a few minutes before eating to soften.
- Nutritional information: (Assumes homemade keto vanilla ice cream)