I am never happier than when it’s grilling season. Fresh foods cooked over an open flame make live easier and more delicious. And these easy Chicken Souvlaki skewers are no exception. Marinate the chicken for a few hours or even overnight, then thread onto skewers and in less than 10 minutes, you’ve got dinner!
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Creamy Feta Dressing (optional)
- 6 bamboo or metal skewers (If using bamboo skewers, set them in a pan of water to soak for at least one hour.)
- In a large ziplock bag, combine the lemon juice, avocado oil, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper. Add the cut up chicken.
- Seal the bag and toss to combine well. Refrigerate 2 hours to marinate and up to overnight.
- Set your grill to medium high. Thread the chicken onto the skewers and grill 3 to 4 minutes per side (they will cook quickly if you cut the pieces into 1-inch pieces
- Remove and serve with cauliflower rice.
- Drizzle the Creamy Feta Dressing over, if desired.
*Nutritional information does not include feta dressing