If you’ve never added ricotta cheese to baked goods, you are in for a real treat. It adds a wonderful tenderness without any additional oil or butter. These easy low carb muffins are a perfect on-the-go breakfast.
Low Carb Chocolate Chip Ricotta Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with parchment or silicone linters.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sweetener, baking powder and salt. Stir in the ricotta, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until just golden brown and firm to the touch. Remove and let cool completely in the pan.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.