If you’ve never added ricotta cheese to baked goods, you are in for a real treat. It adds a wonderful tenderness without any additional oil or butter. These easy low carb muffins are a perfect on-the-go breakfast.
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with parchment or silicone linters.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sweetener, baking powder and salt. Stir in the ricotta, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until just golden brown and firm to the touch. Remove and let cool completely in the pan.