There’s nothing quite like waking up to freshly made muffins on a winter’s morning. Especially if those muffins are low carb and really easy to whip together. Mixing the batter in a blender helps give these low carb chocolate hazelnut muffins a light, airy texture with minimal mess.
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla or hazelnut extract
- 2 1/4 cups hazelnut meal
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line a muffin tin with parchment or silicone liners.
- Combine the sour cream, eggs and vanilla extract in a large blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the hazelnut meal, cocoa powder, sweetener, baking powder, and salt and blend again. If your batter is overly thick, add a tablespoon or two of water until it is thin enough to scoop out of the blender.
- Divide the mixture amount the prepared muffin cups and sprinkle the tops with the chopped pecans. Press lightly into the batter. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until the muffins have risen and are firm to the touch.
- Remove and let cool completely.