Love chocolate desserts but don’t want to heat up your kitchen? Try this delicious no bake Chocolate Pudding Pie. It’s low carb, grain-free and features a nut-free crust and filling too. A delicious kid-friendly summer dessert recipe.
- 1 1/4 cups sunflower seed flour (or almond flour, if you don’t need to be nut-free)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Powdered sweetener equal to 1/4 cup sugar (needs to be powdered to avoid grittiness)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup unsweetened hemp milk (or almond milk, if you don’t need to be nut-free)
- Powdered sweetener equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum or glucomannan
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp butter, cut into 3 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sunflower seed flour, cocoa powder, sweetener, and salt. Stir in the melted butter until the mixture begins to clump together.
- Press firmly and evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. If you have a deep dish pie plate, go only about 3/4 of the way up the sides.
- Freeze while preparing the filling.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the whipping cream, hemp milk, and sweetener. Bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sweetener.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks until smooth. Slowly whisk about 1/2 cup of the hot cream mixture into the yolks to temper. Then slowly whisk the tempered yolks back into the saucepan.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and sprinkle the surface with the xanthan gum, whisking vigorously to combine. Whisk in the cocoa powder and cook until thickened, 3 or 4 minutes. Remove from heat and add the butter and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Let cool 15 minutes, then pour into the prepared crust. Refrigerate until set, 3 to 4 hours.
- Top with lightly sweetened whipped cream and fresh berries, if desired.