Sometimes it pays to play with your food. I invented this low carb chocolate ricotta pudding recipe when I had nothing for dessert and needed a quick treat. I first tried it with just ricotta, cream cheese, sweetener, and vanilla extract but I was underwhelmed. Then I added a little cocoa powder and some instant coffee and voila! It was like instant chocolate pudding!
- 3/4 cup whole milk ricotta
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar (powdered or liquid sweeteners work best here)
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder (optional, enhances chocolate flavor)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- In a blender or food processor, combine the ricotta and cream cheese. Blend until smooth.
- Add the sweetener, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth and well combined.
- Spoon into dessert cups and refrigerate at least 1 hour to set.