Cream cheese makes baked goods so deliciously tender and soft and that applies to low carb baked goods too! This almond flour low carb pound cake is so deceptively simple, but topped with some whipped cream and fresh berries, it makes a spectacular summer dessert.
One little piece of advice: steer clear of the fancy bundt pans with swirls. As you notice, it made the edges quite dark while the rest of the cake was pale. Stick with simple fluted bundt pans for a more consistent browning. The fancy pans are tempting but not worth the trouble.
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Sweetener equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temp
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups finely ground almond flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 325F and grease a bundt pan very well.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter until well combined. Beat in the sweetener until lightened and fluffier, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Scrape down the bowl and beaters as needed. Beat in the extracts.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, and salt all at once and beat in until well combined. Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan and bake 55 to 65 minutes, until the top is set and firm to the touch.
- Remove and let cool in the pan for at least 20 minutes before flipping out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with berries and lightly sweetened whipped cream.