It’s chili season and nothing could be easier and more comforting than this low carb crockpot chili. Once you’ve browned the meat, you dump everything into your slow cooker and dinner is done. I found that a combo of ground beef and ground pork gave it great flavor but you can use all ground beef if you prefer. This one went over well with my kids so I know I have another family-friendly recipe in my arsenal!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork (or more beef)
- 1 14-ounce can pureed tomatoes
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and pork until mostly cooked through (you may need to work in batches). Transfer to a large slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne. Stir to mix well.
- Cook on low for 6 hours and season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Serve with your favorite toppings.