Baked cheese crisps are the ultimate easy low carb snack. These ones are made even easier by using pre-sliced cheese of the sort that’s ready to go for sandwiches. Simply cut each of these squares into 4 smaller squares and bake them. Then sprinkle on a little taco seasoning and they taste just like Doritos! Make sure to find a taco seasoning without sugar or other additives.
- 6 slices Cheddar or Colby Jack cheese (pre-sliced, packaged cheese)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons taco seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each of the slices evenly into 4 pieces so that you have 24 squares. Arrange about an inch apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown and just firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the taco seasoning evenly over the warm crisps.
- Let cool completely on the pan. They will continue to crisp up as they cool.