It’s Gingerbread Season! Yes, that really is an official season. Or at least it should be. The smell of these muffins baking will make you want to grab a cozy sweater and hunker down by the fire while sipping on hot cocoa. Low carb comfort food!
Low Carb Gingerbread Blender Muffins
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups almond flour
- Sweetener equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line a muffin tin with parchment or silicone liners.
- Combine the sour cream, eggs, and vanilla in a large blender jar. Blend about 30 seconds. Add the almond flour, sweetener, cocoa powder, baking powder, spices and salt. Bland again until well combined. If your batter is overly thick, add 1/4 cup water to thin it out.
- Divide the mixture among the prepared muffin cups and bake 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown and firm to the touch.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.
I loved these muffins! I cut the recipe in half. (Wasn’t sure if I would like them.) I used dark cocoa powder and nonfat greek vanilla yogurt.
I just made these muffins. I substited Greek yogurt for sour cream & milk for the water. Yum! I can actually eat a muffin on my high protein, low carb way of eating now! Thank-you!
Can you substitute plain Greek yogurt for the sour cream?
I used Greek yogurt instead of sour cream & milk instead of water.
Is there an alternative to almond flour or milk? I am allergic to tree nuts and find most diabetic friendly alternative recipes use nut based flours which I cannot use.
Will this recipe make one loaf?
What brand is that sexy muffin pan you’re using in the photo and where can I get it ?
What sweetener do you use?
Xylitol a.k.a. XYLA (it’s granular 1 to 1 sugar)
Swerve is an erythritol sweetener and has less digestive effects and you can get it at Publix.