It’s Gingerbread Season! Yes, that really is an official season. Or at least it should be. The smell of these muffins baking will make you want to grab a cozy sweater and hunker down by the fire while sipping on hot cocoa. Low carb comfort food!
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups almond flour
- Sweetener equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line a muffin tin with parchment or silicone liners.
- Combine the sour cream, eggs, and vanilla in a large blender jar. Blend about 30 seconds. Add the almond flour, sweetener, cocoa powder, baking powder, spices and salt. Bland again until well combined. If your batter is overly thick, add 1/4 cup water to thin it out.
- Divide the mixture among the prepared muffin cups and bake 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown and firm to the touch.