This low carb, gluten free banana cake recipe uses bananas despite their natural higher carb count. I love that the bananas don’t add many carbs to the final count since there are only two small ones in this entire recipe, but they do add tons of flavor, moisture, and some wonderful healthy nutrients.
This cake makes a fabulous snack or dessert at just 4.8 net carbs per serving (after deducting the fiber). My husband enjoys it cold though I prefer it left out of the fridge for a while so the cream cheese frosting is nice and creamy. Either way, it is a delicious low carb, gluten free treat!
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp butter, softened
- ¾ c. Swerve granular sweetener
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ c. blanched almond flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 c. Swerve confectioner’s sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl mash bananas with a fork.
- Add softened butter and granular sweetener & mix until creamy with an electric mixer. Add eggs & vanilla extract & mix well.
- In a separate small size bowl combine almond flour, baking powder, salt & stir together with a spoon. Add to the banana mixture in batches, beating with an electric mixer to incorporate.
- Spoon into a 9×9 square baking pan, lined with parchment paper, & bake for 40 minutes (until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean). Let it cool completely before frosting. After frosting, serve immediately or store the cake loosely wrapped in refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add powdered sweetener & start mixer slowly to avoid a mess, beating well to combine.
- Add vanilla extract and beat just to combine.