We have the honor of sharing a low carb, gluten-free flat bread recipe with you, courtesy of Carolyn Ketchum, the best almond flour baker around. Carolyn’s gluten-free flat bread is perfect for making sandwiches and panini. Since we find that sandwiches are something we really miss from our carb-eating days, we were thrilled to find this recipe. Grilled cheese sandwiches are no longer just a fantasy, neither is toast with butter, or peanut butter sandwiches. The sandwich is back, and it’s better than ever because it’s low carb and gluten-free. Who could ask for more? Thank you Carolyn Ketchum for making a food dream come true. You have our gratitude!
- 3 ¼ cups almond flour
- 6 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/3 cup unflavoured whey protein powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup oil (grapeseed or olive)
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, whey protein, baking powder, garlic and salt. Whisk in eggs, oil and water until well combined. Dough should be quite sticky.
- Turn out onto a large piece of parchment paper and pat into a rough rectangle. Top with another piece of parchment.
- Roll into a large, rough rectngle about ½ inch to ¾ inch thick. Place on a large baking sheet and remove top layer of parchment.
- Bake 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting.
- Using a bread knife, cut into 10 sections. Cut each section carefully through the bready center into two halves. Fill with your favourite sandwich fillings.