This chilly weather calls for hot chocolate and plenty of it! But make mine sugar-free and keto-friendly, please. Good thing there are any number of keto hot chocolate mixes on the market now. I like the one from Lakanto the best so far, but several others such as Ancient Nutrition and Fat Fuel have them too.
I decided to play with mine and make some fun Hot Chocolate Muffins. I topped mine with some new low carb white chocolate chips to make it look more like hot chocolate. You could use dark chocolate chips or even cut up sugar-free marshmallows instead.
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup keto hot chocolate powder
- Additional granulated sweetener equal to 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (can also use melted butter)
- 1/3 cup water, additional as necessary
- 1/3 cup sugar-free chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or chopped sugar-free marshmallow
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a muffin pan with silicone or parchment liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, hot chocolate powder, sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add the eggs, oil, and water, and stir until well combined.
- If the batter is very thick, add more water as necessary. The batter should be scoopable but not pourable.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until the tops are just firm to the touch.
- Remove and quickly divide the toppings between the muffins, pressing in lightly to help them stick. Let cool completely.