These stuffed mini peppers make a great appetizer, snack, or even dinner. We used mini peppers of various sizes right out of our garden. You could even do full size peppers, and make each half the main course. They are rich and flavorful, and the whole family loves them.
- 1 lb sweet mini peppers
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ounces thinly sliced mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each pepper in half lengthwise, though the stem (keeping the stem intact). Remove the ribs and seeds and lay the mini peppers on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until no longer pink. Transfer to a bowl and add the cream cheese, garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Mix well to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the mixture into the mini pepper halves, pressing in to help it adhere. Top each mini pepper with a little mozzarella, breaking the slices to fit the pepper.
- Bake 15 minutes or so, until the cheese is melted and the peppers are softened.
- Note: you can also do this in an air fryer, but they will cook a lot more quickly so keep an eye on them!
You can also do this in an air fryer, but they will cook a lot more quickly so keep an eye on them!