One-pot convenience meals like Hamburger Helper can be time-savers for busy families, but all that pasta doesn’t make them the healthiest choice. Thankfully, zucchini noodles are simple to make and are a great healthy stand in for pasta. Toss them with some sautéed ground meat like lamb or beef and you’ve got a much healthier, low carb “Helper” on your plate.
- 1 lb ground lamb (can sub ground beef)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium zucchini, spiralized or julienned
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Add ground lamb to a large skillet over medium heat, breaking up any clumps with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle with cumin, oregano, salt and pepper and sauté until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove lamb to a plate or bowl, leaving drippings in pan.
- Add butter to pan. When melted, add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add zucchini noodles to pan and sauté until just softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add lamb back into pan and toss with noodles. Sprinkle with feta and any additional salt and pepper.