These low carb baked donuts have a light, airy texture and a deliciously tart-sweet lemon flavor. Add fresh summer blueberries in for a delicious morning treat. These lemon Blueberry Donuts are also nut-free and dairy-free.
Low Carb Lemon Blueberry Donuts
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or melted butter)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 325F and grease a donut pan well.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, lemon zest, and salt. Stir in the eggs, oil, lemon juice, water, and extracts until well combined. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Fill the donut cavities about 3/4 full with batter and bake 18 to 22 minutes, until firm to the touch.
- You will get 8 to 10 donuts, depending on the size of your donut pan.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.