These low carb mocha chip scones are a delicious way to start your day. A hint of chocolate, a hint of coffee…really, is any combination more delicious?
Low Carb Mocha Chip Scones
- 3 cups almond flour
- Sweetener equivalent to 6 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sweetener, coco powder, baking powder, espresso powder, and salt. Stir in eggs, melted butter, water, and chocolate chips, until dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto the prepared baking sheet and pat into a rectangle about 6 by 8 inches. With a sharp knife, cut into 6 even squares. Then cut each square in half diagonally into two triangles.
- Gently lift and separate the scones and place the around the baking sheet with 1 inch of space between them.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until firm to the touch.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.
is a serving 1 or2?