When I was just a young thing and planning my wedding, the bakers asked what flavor of wedding cake I wanted. I told them to make it taste like I was biting into a Ferrero Rocher. I’ve always loved the combination of hazelnut and chocolate. And when I went low carb, I was delighted to discover that I could make my own healthier chocolate hazelnut spread. I love to use it in recipes and as the weather is getting warmer, ice pops seemed like a good idea!
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate hazelnut spread (check out my homemade “Nutella” )
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Powdered sweetener equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar (more if you want it sweeter)
- 1/2 tsp hazelnut extract (if you can’t find this, vanilla will do)
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and press sticks 2/3 of the way into the popsicles (I recommend wooden sticks as they stay better in the popsicles).
- Freeze 3 or 4 hours until firm.
The nutritional information assumes you will make your own chocolate hazelnut spread. Store bought brands may add to the carb count somewhat.