I won’t lie, but I am rather obsessed with all things Nutella. Of course, real Nutella is off limits to me but that gooey chocolate hazelnut flavor is not. I make at least one batch of low carb chocolate hazelnut spread per week. My whole family loves it. And these Low Carb “Nutella” Stuffed Muffins have officially become a family favorite.
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sugar-free chocolate hazelnut spread (click here for an easy homemade version)
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a muffin pan with parchment or silicone liners.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the sour cream, eggs, sweetener, and vanilla extract. Blend on high until smooth. Add the almond flour, baking powder, and salt and blend again until smooth and well combined. By hand, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon about half of the mixture into the prepared muffin cups. Then spoon 1 tablespoon of sugar-free Nutella into each muffin cup and top with the remaining batter.
- Bake about 30 minutes, until tops are puffed and firm to the touch. Remove and let cool 15 minutes before serving.