Sweet and salty, creamy and crunchy, all at the same time. These low carb peanut butter crunch balls are absolutely delectable and no one will guess they are keto and sugar-free. The crunch comes from crushed pork rinds, a great low carb replacement for the standard rice crispies. It may sound like an unusual combination but it works. These were a hit!
- 2/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Powdered sweetener equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed pork rinds (see notes)
- 4 to 6 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 ounce cocoa butter (or 1 tbsp coconut oil)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, beat together the peanut butter and butter until smooth. Beat in the powdered sweetener and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the crushed pork rinds. Sift a few tablespoons of coconut flour over the mixture and stir in by hand. Add additional coconut flour, 1 tbsp at a time, until the dough is no longer too sticky to roll into balls.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Freeze until firm, at least one hour.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, combine the chopped chocolate and the cocoa butter or coconut oil. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Drop a frozen ball into the chocolate, tossing to coat thoroughly. Lift out with a fork and tap gently on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate.
- Return to the baking sheet and quickly sprinkle with a few chopped peanuts before the chocolate sets. Repeat with remaining balls.
- Refrigerate until completely set.