My husband’s love for peanut butter and strawberry preserves sandwiches guided me to create this cute little cake. It is suitable for picnics, lunchboxes, dessert, etc. The best thing about this yummy cake is that it is low carb and gluten free. We started singing “Peanut Butter Jelly Time” while enjoying our first piece. I hope you love it too.
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (I use Smucker’s Natural Creamy peanut butter because it is gluten free and has no sugar added)
- ¾ cup Swerve granular sweetener
- 4 large eggs
- 2tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup Sugar Free Strawberry Preserves (I used Polaner Sugar Free Strawberry Preserves with Fiber. There are only 2 net carbs per Tbsp after fiber is removed. You could use any sugar free/low sugar preserves you like and adjust the net carbs)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9x9 square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, peanut butter & sweetener and beat with an electric mixer until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and mix.
- In a separate medium size bowl, mix almond flour, baking soda & salt and stir to combine. Add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture in batches, beating well to combine.
- Spoon mixture into parchment lined 9x9 baking pan. In small bowl measure out preserves and stir so it is easier to work with. Top cake batter with 9 dollops of strawberry preserves. Use a butter knife to swirl the preserves into the cake.
- Bake for 32 – 35 minutes or until desired golden color and set. Cool for about 15 minutes before removing from pan. Once cooled, wrap leftovers and store in refrigerator for several days.