This crust is magic! You know what gives it the perfect texture for low carb pizza? Mozzarella. Yup, that’s right. And the trick is to get the pre-shredded part skim kind as it makes the dough really hold together. Then you simply pre-bake and top with your favorite pizza toppings.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella cheese (6 ounces)
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 4 ounces raw mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet or a pizza stone with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a large saucepan, melt shredded mozzarella and butter over low heat until they can be stirred together. Remove from heat and stir in egg, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt.
- Turn dough out onto prepared baking sheet. Top with another piece of parchment and roll out to a 12 inch circle. Remove top parchment and roll up edges slightly to create a crust edge.
- Bake about 10 to 12 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Remove and spread with pesto, then arrange mozzarella and tomato slices on top. Continue to bake another 10 minutes or so, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove and let cool 10 minutes before serving.