Hooray for pumpkin season! I don’t care that the temperatures are still sky high, I am ready to welcome this fall flavor into my low carb life. There really is no end to delicious pumpkin recipes, in my opinion. Savory or sweet, it’s always in style.
- 2 cups almond flour
- Granulated sweetener equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (if yours is thin and wet, you may need to drain it first)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Powdered sweetener equivalent to 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp caramel or vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 tsp unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment or a silicone liner.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sweetener, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the pumpkin puree, egg, avocado oil and vanilla extract until the dough comes together.
- Turn dough out onto the prepared baking sheet and pat into a low log about 4 by 10 inches. Bake about 25 minutes, until the log is just firm to the touch. Reduce oven temperature to 200F.
- Remove and let cool 5 minutes, then gently slice into 12 even slices using a serrated knife. Place the slices back on the baking sheet and place back into the oven. Let bake another 30 minutes or so (keep an eye on them, you don’t want them to brown) and then turn off the oven and let sit inside until completely cool. They will firm up as they cool.
- For the glaze, whisk together the powdered sweetener, extract and enough almond milk to make the glaze of a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled biscotti.