When I was a child my grandfather baked a loaf of herbed olive bread that made me fall head-over-heels in love with bread. These days I try to limit my carb intake and my husband does too. I wanted that comforting feeling of the warm olive bread with rosemary sprinkled throughout. Sweet desserts may thrill me but savory breads comfort me to the core.
We have sliced this bread for deli sandwiches and even breakfast sandwiches. Delicious & super low-carb! As we head into soup season, this bread is fantastic as a side to a nice low carb soup.
- 1 stick of salted butter, softened
- 4oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp Swerve granulated sweetener sugar substitute
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3oz (about a half of a can) large pitted black ripe olives, drained and sliced, plus some extra slices reserved for topping
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary, plus more whole leaves reserved for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9x9 square pan with parchment paper & set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat softened butter, cream cheese and Swerve sweetener with an electric mixer. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In small mixing bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder & salt and stir. Gradually add to cream cheese mixture, beating well. Stir in black olives and rosemary.
- Spoon into parchment lined 9x9 pan and smooth out. Top with the reserved black olive slices & whole rosemary leaves, pressing them slightly into the dough. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Allow to cool for 10 – 15 minutes and enjoy a warm slice. Store wrapped in the refrigerator for several days. Just microwave for a few seconds whenever you crave a slice of warm bread!