Chewy and sweet, these delicious salted caramel macaroons make a perfect low carb dessert or snack. They’re easy to make and the whole family will love them. Eat them plain or drizzle with a little dark chocolate for an extra special treat.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener or other granulated erythritol
- 2 teaspoons molasses (optional but adds color and flavor)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded or flaked coconut
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped, for drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, sweetener, and molasses. Bring to a boil an cook 3 to 5 minutes, until it deepens in color and is bubbling thickly.
- Remove from heat and add the cream. The mixture will bubble vigorously. Sprinkle the surface with xanthan gum and whisk well to combine. Whisk in the salt and stir in the shredded coconut.
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites and salt together with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold in the caramel coconut mixture until well combined.
- Drop the mixture by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet and bake until the tops are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool. If drizzling with chocolate, melt gently in 30 second increments in the microwave and then drizzle over.
Nutritional values include chocolate drizzle. Each macaroon contains 8g Erythritol.