A “fool” is a super easy dessert of whipped cream mixed with berries or fruit. This low carb strawberry rhubarb fool is so simple and yet so delicious. And a great way to showcase those spring fruits like strawberries and rhubarb. My kids loved this so much, I socked some chopped rhubarb in the freezer for the future!
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 3 tbsp water
- Sweetener equivalent to 6 tbsp sugar (powdered or liquid works best), divided
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the rhubarb, strawberries and water. Bring to a simmer and then reduce the heat and cook 5 minutes, until the rhubarb and strawberries are very soft.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the sweetener until well combined. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream with the remaining sweetener and the vanilla extract until it holds stiff peaks.
- Divide the whipped cream among 4 dessert cups and drizzle with the strawberry rhubarb sauce. Gently fold in with a spoon to swirl together.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate a few hours before serving.