This low carb white chicken chili is the perfect comfort food any time of the year. Low carb corn bread would go perfectly with this dish. You can easily adjust the seasonings to make this chili as spicy as you’d like!
Low Carb White Chicken Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chili peppers
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup pinto beans (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Chopped scallions
- chopped cilantro
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Place oil, onion and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until onion and garlic are softened.
- Add chicken and broth. Bring to a boil, lower heat and cook for 10-15 minutes until no longer pink inside.
- Transfer chicken and broth to slow cooker. Add mushrooms, zucchini, pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper, chili powder, oregano and beans. Mix well.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred whole pieces with a fork.
- Stir in cilantro. Cook for 15 minutes. Garnish with additional cilantro, chopped scallions, cheese and sour cream if desired.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.