Got zucchini? If you’re a gardener, chances are you are overloaded with summer squash right now! I certainly am, and I am cranking out the low carb zucchini recipes like a madwoman. I was delighted to see my kids gobble down these low carb zucchini chocolate chip pancakes, no questions asked.
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 2 cups loosely packed shredded zucchini
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- Place the zucchini in a sieve and sprinkle with salt. Let drain one hour and then squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the zucchini, eggs, and oil. Add the almond flour, sweetener, coconut flour, and baking powder and stir until well combined. Add just enough almond milk to make the batter like a thick pancake batter consistency. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and grease lightly. Using about 3 tablespoons of batter at a time, form pancakes no more than 3 to 4 inches in diameter (you will have to use a spoon to spread the batter into a circle on the pan).
- Let cook until bubbles form in the top and the bottom is golden brown, about 3 minutes. Carefully wiggle a flipper underneath and flip the pancakes over. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
Copyright © 2009-2021 Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved. ASweetLife™ is a trademark of the Diabetes Media Foundation, All Rights Reserved.
These were easy and delicious l!
Can these be made and then frozen? It would he nice to be able to just throw them in a toaster or toaster oven!